The children of today have a wonderful opportunity to create the future. A future that is both exciting and unknown. Practical PD is a professional development company passionate about providing practical professional development in STEM, Digital Technologies, Coding and Robotics, 3D Printing, Creativity, Problem Solving, Critical Thinking to integrate into existing classroom Curriculum. We strive to help teachers prepare their students for the future through interactive, hands-on, informative and highly enjoyable workshops and In-school professional development sessions.
"While all students may not grow up to patent inventions, I believe that being knowledgeable of the technical world we live in, creative beyond the art classroom, and capable of working with tools in a team environment, will help prepare our students for things we can't even imagine." - Chad McGowan (source U.S.News)
The Creator Kids Online program is broken into 11 modules for the teacher starting with an Introduction Module followed by a module for each of the 10 Steps.
Each Module provides teachers with:
- A video which explains reasoning, pedagogy and relevance for the students.
- Slides or videos to display to the students in sequential order.
- Printable Teacher Notes that can be used to deliver each Step in the classroom.
- Other resources that may be relevant to each Step.
The following key areas will be experienced by the students:
- Enjoy student centred learning
- Practice problem based learning
- Discover and explore their passions.
- Create solutions.
- Understand commitment.
- Build products.
- Embrace design and digital technology
- Incorporate coding and robotics.
- Create strategies for resilience.
- Practice computational, system and design thinking
- Develop an understanding of basic marketing and bookkeeping.
- Gain experience in presenting their learning to an audience.