STEM Lesson Plan & Activities - BEE BOT Year Pre-Primary
- OBJECTIVE: For students to gain an idea of how the bee bots operate.
- Present students with bee bots. Do not give any instructions and allow students to experiment.
Lesson 2 – Technology and Mathematics
- OBJECTIVE: For students to explore the distance that the bee bots travel in each movement.
- Put mats with pictures and clear mats, bee bot rulers, sequence cards and various maths equipment so students can experiment.
Lesson 3 & 4 – Technology, Engineering and Mathematics
- OBJECTIVE: For students to understand Clipsal 500 and what it is about. For students to design their own race track.
- Watch a YouTube clip of Clipsal 500
- Problem: design a race track using maths equipment and program the bee bot to move from the start line to the finish line.
Lesson 5 - Technology
- OBJECTIVE: For students to use their design and technology skills.
- Decorate bee bots as race cars.
Lesson 6 & 7 - Technology
- OBJECTIVE: For students to use their technology skills for video recording and uploading.
- In pairs, video the bee bot on the race track and upload to seesaw.
- OBJECTIVE: For students to be objective and reflective in their own designs.
Have children self-critique their bee bot race track using a proforma (i.e. did it stay on the track? Was the track well laid out?).