STEM Lesson Plan & Activities - EDISON ROBOT Year 6/7
Year 6/7 Edisons unit plan
Drop off and pick up of class lunch order.
- Introduce Edisons.
- Sandpit activity/exploration of devices.
- Trial teacher directed activities about movement of Edisons along with sub routines and functions. (Example= Make your Edison do a lap around the table in less than 5 commands)
- Introduction of task.
- (No Edisons) Students have free time to brainstorm major issues around the task. Students able to walk route.
- By end of lesson the students need to have a route and three design features planned. (Example: water proofing)
- Continue work from lesson 3 but with Edisons this lesson to test ideas.
- Research and discuss different technologies to do with transportation of items.
- Start designing prototype one, two and three of “lunch order holder”
- Start testing prototypes
Lesson 6 and 7
- Test, critique and retesting route and design carrier.
- Test final products and reflect on learning.