STEM Lesson Plan & Activities - Little Bits Highschool
You have just arrived on Mars. Hand watering the plants you have brought with you is a pain but you need food to survive. Design a self-watering system for the plant life you have brought with you to Mars.
Design a solution to this problem
This section is intentionally left blank. We feel we have been too prescriptive in the past J
1. How plants grow
2. Water cycle
3. Plant storage
4. Water delivery
5. New Atmosphere
6. Monitoring systems – feedback loop
Teacher notes only
· Sensors (littlebits)
· Servo system to turn on water
· Feedback loop to avoid over watering
· If moisture levels < 5 then servo turns on tap
· Teacher could start with an existing system that has issues and students improve that system.