STEM Lesson Plan & Activities - OZOBOT Year 3
Year 3 - using Ozobot
Lesson 1 - read Rosie's Walk and discuss direction, revise angles and degrees
- students create Rosie's Walk journey using green, red, blue and black markers
Lesson 2 - introduce Ozobot and use on a child's journey walk from previous lesson.
- does it move around?
- what makes it move?
- What do the colours do?
- Use mini whiteboard to create a new path and test different pathways - self investigation
Lesson 3 - retell Rosie's Walk
- redraw a new track using knowledge and add an extra complication
- Oral retell of their story using Ozobot - video their story
Lesson 4/5 - revise Charlie's Chocolate Factory - discuss movement of characters around factory
- could the Ozobots do that? How?
- In groups- Create a factory design with different rooms each child will have their own room
- Work collaboratively to design factory - 3D, ramps, scenery, backgrounds......
Lesson 6/7/8 - each person in group is assigned a character to create a program using Ozoblockly to move to a room
- how will their character travel?
- Where will it go/rooms?
- What happens to their character- fall off edge, spins around
- Retell the story using characters and background - video
- Show finished product to class
- Evaluation of own program - what would they change or add next time
- Put on Seesaw