STEM Lesson Plan & Activities - OZOBOT Year 5/6
Danni Gericke, Vanessa Drum, Hajnulka Molloy, David Jenkin
Title: Water sustainability on Campus
Technologies: Bee-bot/ ozobot
Assessment task: Maths : measure length in metres and fractions, scale down when drawing the maps
Digital technology assessment: Code an algorithm, branch the code for condition.
Problem: the grounds keeper finds the most efficient route to water the plants
- field walk to collect data take photos using ipads
- create a map from drone video and photos,
- Upper extension. Using Scratch to draw digital map from this data
- classify plants into type, indigenous exotic,
- plot a route on the map using ramps
- build model ramps to negotiate stone walls incline 15 degrees(up primary)
- code the robot on the most efficient route
- measure distance of route and time the route to determine speed of robot.
- imagine a complication (snake, earthquake). redesign your route.
- Final voting on submissions. Announce winning entry.